"Validate all" broken

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
roedygr
Rank V - Professional

"Validate all" broken

Post by roedygr »

When I load up a group of documents and say "validate all", then go to view the result , I have to hit f6 to revalidate each document individually to see the errors.

Both Tools-Validate-all and Right-cilck-Validate-All have the same problem.
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Re: "Validate all" broken

Post by Lou »

I can't reproduce this problem either. On the drop down menu are you clicking the "All" at the top or the "Validate all open documents" near the bottom?

The "All" at the top of course means all the options above the HR in the drop down, i.e. errors only, errors and warnings only ...link check only.
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I think you want Tools->Validate All Open Documents. Tools->Validate->All means validate and show all messages, not validate all open documents. I hope this helps.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
roedygr
Rank V - Professional

Post by roedygr »

Albert Wiersch wrote:I think you want Tools->Validate All Open Documents. Tools->Validate->All means validate and show all messages, not validate all open documents. I hope this helps.
That would explain it. Try changing the word "all" to "full" to avoid the ambiguity.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

roedygr wrote:That would explain it. Try changing the word "all" to "full" to avoid the ambiguity.
Thanks. I'll do that.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial