Changing Batch Wizard Options

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
P.J.G.
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Changing Batch Wizard Options

Post by P.J.G. »

Hello,

I am using CSE HTML Validator 9.03. I am testing HTML templates where we don't have certain values filled in. Links are entered as <a href="#"> and Meta tags are entered as <meta content="" />.

How do I turn off those options in the Batch Wizard so I get a report that only lists real errors?

Thanks, P.J.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Changing Batch Wizard Options

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I assume that you want to turn off this message:
The "content" attribute has an invalid attribute value "". The expected value is one of the following: an alphanumeric string or a string.

and perhaps this message:
The "meta" tag requires the "name" attribute or the "http-equiv" attribute, but not both.

To disable this message:
The "meta" tag requires the "name" attribute or the "http-equiv" attribute, but not both.

1. Make the message appear in the editor (check a document that generates this message)
2. Right-click on the message and choose Options for this Message->Disable Message.

Similarly, for other messages you want to disable, you may be able to do the same.

To disable this message:
The "content" attribute has an invalid attribute value "". The expected value is one of the following: an alphanumeric string or a string.

1. Goto Options->Configuration Editor->Edit Configuration
2. Goto the Attribute Values tab
3. Select content (147) as the "Attribute Being Configured"
4. Add "(null string)" to the "Attribute's attribute values"
5. Use "Save Config As" to save your custom config file to another filename.

Results will carry over to the Batch Wizard.

I hope this helps!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial