Post here if your message doesn't fit into another forum but is still about web development. Includes site critiques, web hosting and server questions, helpful software and resources, and more.
When I put a new graphic on my website, I make the size of the graphic on the webpage to be a size that makes my website look neat and clean.
The size of that graphic in my folder is bigger. I choose this way of doing my page because some of the graphics look better when used if they are the bigger size.
The Validator won't validate because of the discrepancy of sizes. Tells me that I need to resize to the original in my folder.
Two reasons I don't want to do this. One, I want my page to look neat and clean. Second, the graphic looks better when it's larger.
- Rank III - Intermediate
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:57 pm
- Location: CA
My thoughts on the subject:
1. I think it's best (for download speed and bandwidth purposes) to use properly sized graphics. Pages will render faster due to faster downloads and not having to resize an image).
2. Browser resizing of graphics will usually not look as good as if you do it yourself in a decent graphics program. Graphics will render better.
3. If you still want to do this, then you can disable that check. You can disable flag 117 in the Validator Engine Options to disable the image dimension checking.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:23 am
- Location: Near Dallas, TX
Return to General Web Development
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest