drag the text in TS 4

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
nvgudz
Rank 0 - Newcomer

drag the text in TS 4

Post by nvgudz »

Could you tell me is TS 4 has an option, that allow to drag text in editing mode? If thats right, where I can switch it?
Thanks. :)
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: drag the text in TS 4

Post by TopStyle Support »

TopStyle 4 does not support drag-n-drop editing. However, I'm planning on re-introducing this feature for TopStyle 5.
minstrel
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by minstrel »

Greetings, and great work on TS 4!

After switching my workflow over to TS 4 I also stumbled over the missing text 'drop-drag' feature. Never realized how useful it was till it was gone.

So I will be looking forward to TS 5!

Once again, congrats on your fine work!

Till later,
Minstrel
dododi
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by dododi »

I think this is a major omission and should be in a version 4 update. Due this omission, I am using version 3.5 again.

Being able to drag text appears to be the norm in most editors and makes things much easier especially when you are manually adding tags. The only way around it is to add a keyboard shortcut that I can paste around a block of text. This is not always ideal.

I sure you have reasons for removing this feature, but it significantly affects my workflow.

Thanks,

Dododi
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Like I said, I will re-introduce this in a future release. In the meantime, there is always Ctrl+X and Ctrl+V.
dododi
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by dododi »

Due to the nature of alot of the work I do, Control-X and Control-V upset the work flow.

When creating large content based sites I use a clipboard database tool called Clipmate that allows me to paste multiple items.

I then add tags amongst the pasted items. If I have to copy and paste, it disrupts the flow.

I know this is specific to me, but it is such standard functionality I am surprised that t was dropped.

That being said there is other functionality that is new in this release that I appreciate especially the built in validation.
chris_bcn
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by chris_bcn »

Can we have the drag and drop in a 4.somethign release please. I've just updated TS4 and was hoping for it. For now I'm back using TS3.5 for this feature
rumguy
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by rumguy »

Or, if there is a security reason for not releasing an update that includes this, what is the time frame for TS5?
rumguy
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by rumguy »

I'd like to add my vote to having drag and drop again. Like others I used this a lot in 3.5 and miss it so much that I'm just going back to using 3.5 in spite of the other great features that I'm sure are wonderful but drag and drop is one of the things I miss the most.
NightAvatar
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by NightAvatar »

Could you please tell us when you plan on releasing topstyle version 5?

I have stopped using TopStyle because of the omission of this feature (drag and drop text) and I really miss it because TopStyle rules in nearly every other way! :)

Yours truly,
Richard
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

I'm planning on releasing TopStyle 5 sometime this year.
computix
Rank I - Novice

Post by computix »

Yes, drag and drop feature is really missing.

Would be nice if this could be added to TS4.

Thank you.
lukigi
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by lukigi »

+1 for drag and drop, I have 3.5 at work and 4 at home and the lack of drag and drop in 4 irritates me beyond believes. It should be an update to 4 not a feature in 5.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

We will re-introduce drag and drop editing in TopStyle 5. You can download a preliminary beta version.
klaaz
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by klaaz »

Ok. I paid for TopStyle which could drag and drop. Suddenly after an (payed? I don't know anymore) update this important usability feature is gone. After several years the next step is to pay for an update to 5.0 to get this basic feature back?

Then again, when 5.0 is better I am glad to pay for an update offcourse. But... In this topic you wrote on Feb 2010 that 5.0 will be launched in 2010. In a more recent topic about drag and drop you wrote that it will be launched this year (2012). That's quite a difference, isn't it?

In the meantime, please give us drag and drop back in 4.x!