CSE HTML Validator Information
Screen Shots • Online Demos • Customer Testimonials
Download Trial Buy Now
Do I Need to be an HTML Expert?
No! No, you do not need to be an HTML expert. You only need to have a basic understanding of HTML, or be wanting to learn it. If you're a student, then CSE HTML Validator is an excellent program to use for learning HTML.
CSE HTML Validator would not be for you if you don't have any knowledge of HTML *AND* you do not want to learn. If you do not have a basic knowledge of HTML, but you do want to learn, then we recommend combining an online HTML tutorial or book with CSE HTML Validator. If at first you find yourself overwhelmed with all the messages that HTML Validator generates, then don't worry, you'll quickly catch on after a few days of use. We think you'll quickly find CSE HTML Validator a valuable learning tool.
What is CSE HTML Validator?
CSE HTML Validator for Microsoft Windows is a powerful, easy to use, user configurable, and all-in-one HTML, XHTML, and CSS checker that also includes an SEO (search engine optimization) checker, a link checker, spell checker, accessibility checker, and built-in editor.
Just open an HTML, XHTML, or CSS document with CSE HTML Validator and tell it to do its thing by pressing F6! Easy to understand syntax errors, warning and other messages will appear below the source of your document. Simply click on one of these messages and you will be taken to the place in your document where the problem is. Fix the problem with the integrated editor, check the document again (to make sure that the problem is fixed), and then save it when you're finished.
The Batch Wizard, included in the professional edition, lets you easily check/validate multiple files and/or URLs and will generate a neatly formatted HTML report with the results. The Batch Wizard can follow links to check an entire small to medium sized web site or part of a large one. It also includes a spell checker and link checker.
If you think that you're writing clean HTML, then you'll be surprised at what CSE HTML Validator will find in your documents! CSE HTML Validator is an indispensable tool for any HTML author. An evaluation version of CSE HTML Validator Professional is available as a FREE download for you to try before you buy. CSE HTML Validator Lite, a less powerful but free (for personal and educational use) edition, is also available.
Why Would I Want to Use HTML Validator?
Using an HTML validator helps ensure that documents are free of potential problems that can result in unexpected output when users view the bad documents with different browsers. It also helps ensure that documents will continue to be viewable in the future as new browsers are released.
Simply testing HTML documents with a browser is not good enough. Poorly written HTML documents may be treated differently by different browsers and cause web pages to look like something that was never intended. Problems in web pages could even cause them to render in some browsers but not render at all in others. Making sure that web documents are constructed well helps make sure that they are viewed the way that you want them to be-- and that they are constructed and formed the way they should be. A problem free document also looks good to someone who is looking at your document to see how well it's designed, both aesthetically and syntactically.
If you use online validation services, then you should definitely try CSE HTML Validator. It is more reliable, more powerful (finds more problems), faster to use, much more user configurable, and displays easier to understand messages. It also includes tools not available with online validation services.
If you use a validation feature that's included with an HTML editor or other program, then you should definitely try CSE HTML Validator. CSE HTML Validator's specialty is validation, doing it thoroughly and being more helpful than validators that are just thrown-in as just another feature. CSE HTML Validator also has many benefits and features that you won't get elsewhere.
Learn why CSE HTML Validator is better than other validators like the popular W3C validator.
Also see why you should validate your pages.
CSE HTML Validator Helps You Fix Your HTML
- Checks/validates an entire website (or part of it) given one URL or folder with the Batch Wizard (Pro+)
- Checks/validates a specified list of documents with the Batch Wizard (Pro+)
- Finds misspelled and invalid tag names, tag attributes, tag attribute values, and character entities
- Finds missing and mismatched quotation marks
- Finds missing or extra end tags
- Checks for accessibility issues based on Section 508 US Government Standards and/or the industry standard Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG 1.0) or 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) (Std+)
- Checks CSS syntax (Std+)
- Checks the HTML and CSS output of dynamic pages (such as ASP and PHP pages) as you browse a website in the integrated web browser
- Checks for issues that can affect search engine rankings (Std+)
- Makes suggestions and gives tips to improve search engine rankings (Std+)
- Detects incorrect placing and nesting of tags
- Alerts you to incorrect or incompatible HTML based on a specific browser or HTML version (for example, notifies you of many Netscape specific or Internet Explorer specific tags, attributes, and attribute values)
- Finds deprecated tags, attributes, and CSS (Std+)
- Finds bad design issues and suggests improvements (Std+)
- Finds broken links (Std/Pro)
- Finds misspelled words
When HTML Validator finds problems, you can fix them easily with the integrated HTML/Text editor. Also see the comparison chart.
Benefits Of Using CSE HTML Validator
- CSE HTML Validator helps you produce top quality websites. Remember, if a visitor has a problem with your website, then the next site is only a click away. If you have a business website, then CSE HTML Validator is a no-brainer; you'll quickly find it indispensable (and your customers will appreciate it too).
- Are you wondering why your site is doing poorly on the search engines? Bad HTML may be the cause. Search engines may encounter great difficulty crawling, indexing, and extracting the content of a website that contains severely broken HTML. CSE HTML Validator will help you avoid bad HTML that can harm your position on search engines.
- Using CSE HTML Validator to produce a quality website can build customer loyalty, improve brand equity, protect your corporate image, and increase revenue.
- Requiring HTML developers to check their HTML with CSE HTML Validator before publishing or submitting it to a site will promote quality and save time and money. It will also greatly reduce the chance that a document has to be sent back to the developer for repair.
- Even when using a WYSIWYG editor, don't assume that it knows how to write good HTML! The fact is that most of these programs generate very poor HTML. When using a WYSIWYG editor, be sure to check the documents that it generates before publishing them on the web. You may be surprised at some of the nonsensical things these programs will do. Don't take chances.
- Save hours of time. The more HTML you write, the more time you will save. Don't waste time manually looking for problems, figuring out why your HTML doesn't display like it should, or using online checkers. Get CSE HTML Validator and check HTML, XHTML, and CSS fast. Remember: Time is money. Wouldn't you rather be doing something more productive than manually checking all those tags, attributes, properties, links, and more?
- You'll be able to prevent many viewing problems before they happen. You won't have to wait until one of your visitors tells you about it. How many people are leaving your website because it's not displaying properly on their screen or not compatible with their web browser? Too many if you aren't using CSE HTML Validator.
- Are you learning HTML? CSE HTML Validator offers you helpful advice and points out mistakes. There's no better tool to help you learn HTML than CSE HTML Validator.
- Are you a computer or Internet consultant? Use CSE HTML Validator to show your clients how poor their website is and increase your business by helping them fix their website!
- Your HTML writing standards will be superior to many HTML authors who still do not realize the importance of checking their web documents for problems.
- Protect your reputation: If anyone looks at your HTML, then you'll have much more confidence in what they see. They'll know that you know what you're doing and that you care about giving a good impression with your website.
- Do you still think that you don't need it? Do you think that you have a program that generates clean HTML? Give CSE HTML Validator a try for free. We bet you'll be surprised!
CSE HTML Validator also includes tools that change HTML tags and attributes to uppercase or lowercase, a tool that strips HTML tags, a tool that converts different operating system text file formats to other text file formats, and a tool that lets you use templates in your documents.
How Much Does HTML Validator Cost?
You may use CSE HTML Validator Professional at no charge for validating up to 200 documents or 30 days, whichever comes first. After the evaluation period, you must purchase a license to continue using CSE HTML Validator Professional. A single license for the enterprise edition is US $299. A single license for the professional edition is US $129. A single license for the standard edition is US $69.
If you are a student, non-profit organization, educational institution, or purchasing multiple licenses, then you may qualify for a significant discount on the standard edition (see the discount ordering page).
With the professional edition, you will also be licensed to use any future versions released within one year of the date of your registration at no additional charge. With the standard edition, it is 60 days instead of one year.
You can quickly buy online using a credit card.
Please see the Ordering Information page for more information and a complete list of prices and volume discounts.
A free (for personal and educational use) edition, CSE HTML Validator Lite, is also available. This edition is less powerful than the professional edition, but it's free (for personal and educational use). However, we don't recommend that professional web developers and businesses use this edition.
What Do I Need in Order to Use HTML Validator?
Current versions of CSE HTML Validator require Windows XP, 2003, Vista, Windows 7/8, or compatible OS. No other special hardware or software is needed.
Information about running CSE HTML Validator on a Mac.
What Are Some of the Features of HTML Validator?
The features listed below are for the latest version of CSE HTML Validator Std/Pro. Also see the comparison chart.
- Built-in HTML/text editor with syntax highlighting.
- Powerful Batch Wizard (professional and enterprise editions only) that lets you easily validate multiple documents. You can also give it a URL and follow its links to validate a small to medium sized web site. The Batch Wizard can also be used as a web site spell checker and link checker.
- Link checking (standard and professional editions) finds broken and problematic links. The Batch Wizard can be used as a link checker to check an entire website.
- Help functions available from most dialog boxes.
- Comes preconfigured with HTML 2.0, HTML 3.2, HTML 4.0, HTML 4.01, HTML5, XHTML, Microsoft Internet Explorer tags, SMIL, RealText, WebTV, WML, frame, table tags, and more.
- Supports XHTML!
- Accessibility Checking checks for accessibility issues based on Section 508 US Government Standards and/or the industry standard Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG 1.0) and 2.0 (WCAG 2.0)
- Notifies you when using tags and attributes that are browser specific (Std+).
- Add your own tag names, attributes, and attribute values, or edit existing ones (Pro+)..
- Using command line arguments, HTML Validator has the ability to let you right click on an HTML document, select a menu item from the pop up menu, and then instantly have the errors (if any) displayed on the screen.
- Drag and Drop multiple files onto HTML Validator for validating multiple files at one time or for using a tool on multiple files at one time.
- Uppercase and Lowercase Tools that let you easily convert tags and attributes to all uppercase or lowercase.
- Strip HTML Tool that takes HTML tags out of a document.
- Convert text files from Unix, Mac, or MS-DOS to Unix, Mac, or MS-DOS.
- The Template Tool allows you to change parts of HTML documents quickly and easily. We use it extensively on this web site.
- Quick Quote Tool places quotation marks around all attribute values that don't already have them.
- Easy to use, productive, and powerful interface.
CSE HTML Validator's Template Tool
CSE HTML Validator also includes a simple but time-saving tool called the template tool. The template tool is capable of saving an HTML author from spending a tremendous amount of time making the same changes to many HTML files. For example, using the template tool, an HTML header or footer can be changed on hundreds of documents in just minutes (or seconds)! And NO SERVER SIDE SCRIPTING OR SERVER SIDE INCLUDES ARE NEEDED!
This tool is so useful that we've made extensive use of it on virtually all of the pages on this site. It is even included in the lite edition. Please see the Tools and the Template Tool Example documentation pages for more information.
This article is translated to Serbo-Croatian language by Jovana Milutinovich from Web Geeks Resources.