Running a spell check

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
ajtruckle
Rank II - Novice

Running a spell check

Post by ajtruckle »

Hello

I am getting a bit confused here. I know that some pages have spelling errors. So I am running the whole site in batch mode. FRom what I can see the spelling check is ticked.

But I get no spelling errors listed.

Please advise correct way to detect them over the whole site.

Andrew
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Running a spell check

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Andrew,

Do you have comment messages disabled?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
ajtruckle
Rank II - Novice

Post by ajtruckle »

Where is that? In the batch or general settings?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

ajtruckle wrote:Where is that? In the batch or general settings?
Hello,

In V10, it is in the "Message Output" options page of the Validator Engine Options. Make sure "Comment messages" is checked, and make sure spell checking is enabled in the "Spell Checking" options page. You might also want to press the "Restore Spelling Message" button there. I hope this helps.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
ajtruckle
Rank II - Novice

Post by ajtruckle »

I think I switched it back on but after another process I still don't see errors.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

ajtruckle wrote:I think I switched it back on but after another process I still don't see errors.
I plan on releasing an update soon that may help. If you want to try a pre-release, then please email me at support at htmlvalidator dot com.

If the update (v10.0030 or later) doesn't address this problem, then please let me know and I'll be happy to investigate further.