Needs to Close...?

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
bf0214
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Needs to Close...?

Post by bf0214 »

Recently when I open Validator, it remains open and functional for a minute or two and then I get a "CSE HTML Validator Editor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." message and Validator closes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't seem to have any lasting effect. In other words, the problem returns. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Needs to Close...?

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Can you disable your anti-virus/anti-malware software and see if it still happens?

Do you have another computer you could try it on?

Are you using the latest version (currently v10.0031)?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
bf0214
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by bf0214 »

Disabled Norton 360, but Validator continued to close.

Installed Validator on another computer on same network and also protected with Norton 360. Validator is not closing on that computer.

Using latest version.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I'm not sure why it would close like that but if I could connect to your computer and watch it close then it would help me diagnose the problem. May I email you a link to a utility that, when you run, will let me connect to your computer to see what is happening (if I am at my computer)?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
bf0214
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by bf0214 »

It doesn't seem like there'll be much to see, but if you think it might help go ahead and send me the link and we can try to coordinate -- perhaps tomorrow or Sunday...
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I should be able to do it early next week. Seeing exactly what is happening can often give the needed hints and clues to find out what is causing the problem, but of course not always.

One more thing you may want to try before then is to uninstall CSE HTML Validator doing a "full uninstall" when asked, then reinstall it. It should reset to the default settings. If you try that, then please let me know what happens.