ASP:NET

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
morten
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

ASP:NET

Post by morten » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:35 am

In my asp.net produced html pages the following iframe tag is inserted if smartnav is set to true:

<IFRAME ID=__hifSmartNav NAME=__hifSmartNav STYLE=display:none src="/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/SmartNav.htm"></IFRAME>

I've been trying, with no success, to have the id property of the iframe tag tag specifically allow the value "__hifSmartNav" via the configuration editor.

I'm new to htmlvalidator and wonder if the above is the best approach to have the validator accept the attrib value "__hifSmartNav" for the id property of the iframe tag?

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:20 pm

Hello,

If you want to allow just the id "__hifSmarrtNav", then please try this:

1. Goto Options->Configuration Editor, Programs tab.
2. Select id (182) as the Attribute Being Configured.
3. Select the Attribute program radio button.

4. In the Program Editor, change this:

Code: Select all

if (!checkString(8, $value)) {
 MessageEx(13, 1020715121, $MSG_ERROR, 'An "' + getAttName($index) + '" attribute value must begin with a letter (A-Z or a-z) and consist of the following characters: (A-Z), (a-z), (0-9), hyphens (-), underscores (_), colons (:), and periods (.). Note that spaces are not allowed.', getAttValueLocation($index));
}
To this:

Code: Select all

if (strcmp("__hifSmartNav",$value)!=0) {
 if (!checkString(8, $value)) {
  MessageEx(13, 1020715121, $MSG_ERROR, 'An "' + getAttName($index) + '" attribute value must begin with a letter (A-Z or a-z) and consist of the following characters: (A-Z), (a-z), (0-9), hyphens (-), underscores (_), colons (:), and periods (.). Note that spaces are not allowed.', getAttValueLocation($index));
 }
}
5. Save the configuration file to a new filename other than the original filename to save your changes.

Please let me know how this works!
Albert Wiersch

morten
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by morten » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:25 am

That work just fine, thanks :D