How can I include repeated words in the batch report?

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
zhenjieliu
Rank 0 - Newcomer

How can I include repeated words in the batch report?

Post by zhenjieliu »

Hi,

I have been using the batch wizard of CSE HTML Validator to check spelling for a group of HTML files. The batch wizard works great except that the resulting batch report does not include repeated words. The report only includes a list of possibly misspelled words and the total number of words checked. However, it never reports repeated words.

I have verified that the Flag repeated words when checking spelling option is enabled.

CSE HTML Validator only reports repeated words when you manually run the spell checker against a single HTML file. Is that the expected behavior? I think it'd be perfect if the batch report could include a list of repeated words. I rely a lot on the batch report to check my spelling.

Any advice would be appreciated!

-Jay
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: How can I include repeated words in the batch report?

Post by Albert Wiersch »

zhenjieliu wrote:CSE HTML Validator only reports repeated words when you manually run the spell checker against a single HTML file. Is that the expected behavior?
Yes, that is the expected behavior. Repeated words are only checked when doing a spell check in the editor.
zhenjieliu wrote:I think it'd be perfect if the batch report could include a list of repeated words. I rely a lot on the batch report to check my spelling.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into adding repeated word checking in a future update. Do you think it should be in the same message as the spelling message or should be a separate message?

Thanks!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
zhenjieliu
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by zhenjieliu »

Thanks for the quick response, Albert! I'm excited to see that you will look into my suggestion in a future release!

I think it should be in a separate message, because repeated words are not misspellings. Thanks!

-Jay
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

zhenjieliu wrote:Thanks for the quick response, Albert! I'm excited to see that you will look into my suggestion in a future release!

I think it should be in a separate message, because repeated words are not misspellings. Thanks!
You're welcome! Thanks for the suggestion.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I've added a repeated word message for the next update. The option to enable this will be in the "Spell Checking" Validator Engine Options page. It should be enabled by default, however.
zhenjieliu
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by zhenjieliu »

Thank you Albert! It's a good idea to enable it by default! I'm wondering when the next update will be available for download from this site. Can't wait to try the repeated word checking in batch wizard! :D
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

You're welcome! If you'd like, please email me at support at htmlvalidator dot com and I can send you a pre-release build to try.