How do I get CSE to ignore <cf* ?

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

How do I get CSE to ignore <cf* ?

Post by cdwz »

I'm giving CSE another try after my office stopped using it back during version 8. We need the high ascii capabilities, but our pages make heavy use of server side includes (cfinclude) as well as numerous other CF tags.

I need to figure out a way of either
1) batch validating the rendered page, or
2) getting the current batch mode to ignore cf tags.

The validator results mention something about a line 116, but I have no idea how to make this happen.

Any advice?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: How do I get CSE to ignore <cf* ?

Post by Albert Wiersch »

cdwz wrote:I need to figure out a way of either
1) batch validating the rendered page, or
Hello,

To batch validate rendered pages, you can enter an "http" URL target in the Batch Wizard. Using http should make the request through the server and it should be processed. Similar, you could try using the integrated web browser or Open from the Web. Just make sure it is run through the server and the "raw" file is not opened directly (if you want to check the HTML output).

cdwz wrote:2) getting the current batch mode to ignore cf tags.

The validator results mention something about a line 116, but I have no idea how to make this happen.
If you disable flag 116, then CSE HTML Validator will try to ignore tags beginning with "cf". You can disable flag 116 in the Validator Engine->Flags page of the Validator Engine Options (v10). You can also right-click on the message (when displayed in the editor) and disable the flag from the pop-up menu. If this works, then it may be the easiest solution.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

Post by cdwz »

AHA! So THAT's where you find that flag! lol! I disabled it, and of course it works fine. But the real gem is being able to batch validate the rendered page. That wasn't working for me but I realized that I had not told it to follow links. I checked that box and it seems to work. I need to do some more tests though, because it's only testing 10 pages, and the site has over 1000. Maybe there's a way to tell it to go deeper.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

cdwz wrote:AHA! So THAT's where you find that flag! lol! I disabled it, and of course it works fine. But the real gem is being able to batch validate the rendered page. That wasn't working for me but I realized that I had not told it to follow links. I checked that box and it seems to work. I need to do some more tests though, because it's only testing 10 pages, and the site has over 1000. Maybe there's a way to tell it to go deeper.
Great! I'm glad it is working.

There are lots of controls in the Batch Wizard to set how deep to go and how many pages to check. If you're using the trial version, then you could be coming up against the limit for the trial (if so then it should tell you in the "batch progress" messages). There's a trial limit because of the 200 trial validations that could quickly be used up in the Batch Wizard if not careful.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

Post by cdwz »

The trial limit shouldn't be an issue. If I decide it'll work for us, I'll recommend the agency purchase it. Since we already have an older version of CSE, we won't even need to go through an approval process.
cdwz
Rank II - Novice

Post by cdwz »

Ah, I see the problem:
Cannot validate "http://wwwdev.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/ ... lity/laws/". The unregistered version is limited to validating ten documents at a time with the Batch Wizard. This is to help prevent using up all of the trial validations too quickly. Processing will stop here.
Explains why it only validates 10 at a time. ;)
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

cdwz wrote:
Cannot validate "http://wwwdev.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/ ... lity/laws/". The unregistered version is limited to validating ten documents at a time with the Batch Wizard. This is to help prevent using up all of the trial validations too quickly. Processing will stop here.
Explains why it only validates 10 at a time. ;)
Yes, you're definitely running up against the trial limit in the Batch Wizard.

I've prepended "TRIAL VERSION:" to that message so it should be more noticeable now.