Access violation at address 0043159A

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
williamglasby
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Access violation at address 0043159A

Post by williamglasby »

I am running a test in batch mode and CSE HTML Validator keeps crashing at the same place in the test, each time I run it.

I am unsure which page is the offending page (I cannot show it to you anyway since it is proprietary) but it is the same every time and I get the following message each time as well:

Access violation at address 0043159A in module 'cse70.exe', Read of address 00000054

Is this enough information to get started?

Thanks,
William
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi William,

Sorry, it's not a lot of help. It could be a certain page that is causing it to crash (which seems likely since it crashes at the same place). If you could send me a document that causes the crash consistently, then it should be easy to track down. Can you send such a document to me at support at htmlvalidator dot com? If you can't send it, then perhaps you could create another document that still reproduces the problem based on the proprietary document.

This would be great to have ASAP since I am curently working on v7.01.

Sorry for the trouble.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

William,

While you wait for Albert for the "real" answer, can I make a suggestion? Can you identify the offending file? Even if you can't share it all with us, identifying the code fragment cousing the error would help Albert. == at this point this is close to "my car won't start. What is the problem?"

I have not had any problem running batch mode, which of course means "I have not had any problem..." To localize the cause of the problem can you 1) validate each individual file? or 2)run smaller groups of the files in batch mode to (a) get you code validated and your project completed and (b) identify the file (page) causing the crash.

3) If you can identify the offending file, as you correct any error/warnings etc., keep checking it in batch mode to see when it stops crashing validator.

An other approch may be to look for the batch output file batchreport.html. It should be located somewhere simular to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Lou\Application Data\AI Internet Solutions\CSE HTML Validator\7.0

Of course your account name will be in the path not mine. With luck if any of the output was saved before the crash this may give a clue which file, maybe where in the file the crash occured.

Good luck, Lou
jim
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by jim »

I had the same error, and managed to get it working by upgrading from 7.00x to 7.01.