enlarging font on toolbars & menus

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
horsemuzzles
Rank 0 - Newcomer

enlarging font on toolbars & menus

Post by horsemuzzles »

I have just upgraded to CSE HTML Validator 10.02. The font on the toolbars, dropdown menus and file names is so tiny I am unable to use the software for long. Can you please tell me how to enlarge it on the screen. I have enlarged the icons and the font in the html but can't find out how to enlarge the other fonts. Thanks.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: enlarging font on toolbars & menus

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Sorry, there is not a way to set those font sizes in CSE HTML Validator. Have you tried using Window's Accessibility or "Ease of Access" options in the Control Panel? You can also increase the text size in Windows' Display settings (I would try this first - like set it to 125% as it seems to work well in Windows 7). The path in Windows 7 is "Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Display".
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
horsemuzzles
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by horsemuzzles »

Everything else on my screen and all other software is fine. It's just this new version of Validator has much smaller fonts on the toolbars and menus. Is there any way that I revert back to Validator 10.00?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

horsemuzzles wrote:Everything else on my screen and all other software is fine. It's just this new version of Validator has much smaller fonts on the toolbars and menus. Is there any way that I revert back to Validator 10.00?
This sounds strange. I don't know why CSE HTML Validator would have different sized fonts than your other programs. Can you upload a screen shot?

I would not recommend reverting back to a previous version unless absolutely necessary (and I don't know why it would be).

Have you made any custom changes to the shortcut settings (perhaps under the "Compatibility" tab) that might affect the GUI of CSE HTML Validator?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial