Ignore browser specific CSS

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
CA Traveler
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Ignore browser specific CSS

Post by CA Traveler »

Is there a way to ignore browser specific css? Something like cseignore.

I have two IE hacks, one shown below.

The "f\loat" property is not a recognized style property. Should this property be "float"?

f\loat: left;
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Ignore browser specific CSS

Post by Albert Wiersch »

CA Traveler wrote:Is there a way to ignore browser specific css? Something like cseignore.
No, but that's a good idea! I will make a note of it for a possible future addition.
CA Traveler wrote:I have two IE hacks, one shown below.

The "f\loat" property is not a recognized style property. Should this property be "float"?

f\loat: left;
The easiest way to ignore this is to right-click on the message (when displayed in CSE HTML Validator's editor and disable it using Message Options->Disable using Exact Text Match.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Ignore browser specific CSS

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I've added special CSS comments that can be used to ignore sections of CSS documents, but this new feature could use more testing. If you'd like to try a BETA build to test this, then please email me at support at htmlvalidator dot com.

From the documentation:
To ignore sections of CSS documents, surround the section in /*cseignore*/ ... /*/cseignore*/ comments. Note that the comments must be exact and are case sensitive. (New v10.9923)
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial