Upgrade and syntax colors

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
John Zeman
Rank III - Intermediate
Rank III - Intermediate

Upgrade and syntax colors

Post by John Zeman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi Albert.

I've installed the latest pro version, and it seems to work fine, however during the installation my custom syntax coloring scheme seems to have been replaced with the default. It was trivial for me to restore my custom syntax colors because I always maintain a copy of my customized default.xml file so I simply overwrote the one which overwrote my default.xml file during the install.

But it's just a wee bit of a hassle to do that each time so is there perhaps an option to preserve the existing syntax color scheme during a routine upgrade? If not could such an option be added? Or short of that could the original default.xml file be preserved somehow?

Thanks,

John

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade and syntax colors

Post by Albert Wiersch » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi John,

I would recommend renaming your custom color scheme (like to my-color-scheme.xml) and then specifying the full path to it in "SchemeFileV110" in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AI Internet Solutions\CSE HTML Validator v4\FileTypesAndParsers\V9_COLOR_default". Then it shouldn't change for future v11.0x updates.
Albert Wiersch

John Zeman
Rank III - Intermediate
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by John Zeman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:06 pm

That worked Albert, thanks!

John

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:16 pm

John Zeman wrote:That worked Albert, thanks!
You're very welcome! :D
Albert Wiersch