HTML Validator Not Responding

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
29boAhJANy#5rHK
Rank 0 - Newcomer

HTML Validator Not Responding

Post by 29boAhJANy#5rHK »

Hi,

Just upgraded to v12 (previously had been using v10) and the program doesn't fully load. The main window displays with the Tooltip but anything I do; click on the main window, attempt to dismiss the tooltip is meet with the busy cursor and "(Not Responding)" prefixed to the main window caption title bar. I'm not running any of the incompatible software listed in your known bugs topic. Any light you can shed as to how to precede would be most appreciated.
Thanks

mark
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: HTML Validator Not Responding

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

I'm glad you checked the known bugs topic.

Are you running any other anti-malware, anti-virus, or other security software that might be interfering? If so, can you disable it and see if it has any effect?

Are you able to provide any screenshots?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
29boAhJANy#5rHK
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Albert,

Thank you so much for your reply. I disabled my Notron Antivirus with no success. I provide here a screen shot of what happens when I launch the program and click on it's window
HTMLValidator.JPG
mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Mark,

Thank you. I see you have a Shell window open. Sometimes this can cause issues with certain configurations. I'm not exactly sure why it does, but sometimes it does.

Please see this:
http://www.htmlvalidator.com/htmlval/ht ... #q20020415
HTML Validator freezes when trying to start.

This may happen if you have disconnected network drives. Check to make sure that you have no disconnected network drives and then try to restart HTML Validator. If this doesn't work, try using regedit.exe to delete "SelectedFolder" and "SelectedFolder2" (if it exists) in the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AI Internet Solutions\CSE HTML Validator v4\Editor\Interface" and then restart HTML Validator.
Please try deleting those registry entries and see if that helps.

If not, you may want to leave it open for a long time and see if it starts responding. It could possibly be waiting on something (like a drive for the Shell window) that is taking a long time before it times out.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
29boAhJANy#5rHK
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Albert,

Thank you so much! Deleting those two registry keys (SelectedFolder and SelectedFolder2) did the trick.

Thanks again

mark
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

29boAhJANy#5rHK wrote:Albert,

Thank you so much! Deleting those two registry keys (SelectedFolder and SelectedFolder2) did the trick.

Thanks again

mark
Great! I'm glad that was it. :D