Small usability glitch when using the Batch Wizard

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
marcb
Rank II - Novice

Small usability glitch when using the Batch Wizard

Post by marcb »

Scenario:
- Start CSE via the Batch Wizard option.
- Hit F6 to initiate the validation (no changes made to target list).
- Validation completes.
- Close Batch Wizard window. CSE asks whether it has to save the target list (although no changes were made).
- Close Main window. Again, same dialogue about saving the target list.

In both cases, of course, irrelevant. Seems to be introduced in v120100. Still the same in v120200.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Small usability glitch when using the Batch Wizard

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Is the Batch Wizard pre-loading a target list when you do this? It's possible that this has something to do with the list that it's pre-loading when you run launch the Batch Wizard. Is it not in the current default target list format? If not, then the Batch Wizard might want to save the target list in the updated format and that's why it's treating it as unsaved (I can see how this can be confusing).

If you want me to look into this further, then please send me a copy of the Batch Wizard target list that might be causing this issue so that I can try to reproduce this and find out why this is happening and if anything can be done to improve what's happening. Thanks.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
marcb
Rank II - Novice

Post by marcb »

Yes, there was of course a default target list loaded. So, I did the validation again and, when asked for, saved the target list. When I now redo the validation, the save dialogue is indeed no longer there. Still, what’s weird is that when I look at the old target list (which I copied before testing this) and the new one, they both seem to be identical. So perhaps there was something else that made the validator to “think” that it was an old format target list. Anyway, for me this issue is gone now, so you can close this item.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thanks. I'm glad you consider the issue closed.

However, if it happens again and you'd like me to dig into it and find out what's happening, then please feel free to send my your target list so I can try to reproduce the issue.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial