Pretty Fix

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
MikeK
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

Pretty Fix

Post by MikeK » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:50 am

I find Pretty Fix very useful but it produces short lines. I have searched in View etc. and I am sure there must be a simple answer but how can I increase the line length as short lines mean a lot of them i.e. a very long file.

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pretty Fix

Post by Albert Wiersch » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:50 am

Hello,

If you press Ctrl+F11 in CSE HTML Validator, and change the 'Wrap at characters' value then press the 'Refresh' button, does it do what you want? Please try it and let me know.

Thanks.
Albert Wiersch

RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Post by RSteinwand » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 am

Sorry, I don't find it useful at all, but I realize it's very possibly out of your control.

I use tabs to indent and by default it wants to use 2 spaces with no options that I see to use tabs. Why use 2 or more spaces when 1 tab will do? (All those spaces add up to a larger page size.)

Browser view apparently doesn't use JavaScript so it doesn't look at all like my live site. I have a browser/page size sniffer script to serve mobile css if it thinks it's a mobile device, otherwise desktop css is used. BUT, it looks about the same when I use design-view in Dreamweaver too.
Rick

MikeK
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

Post by MikeK » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 am

Albert,
Very remiss of me in that I had thought that I had responded to you but I have just discovered that I had not done so. Your suggestion to increase the width in Pretty Fix worked well.
Many Thanks,
Mike