Odd tbody error

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Odd tbody error

Post by Lou »

Albert,
I'm getting an odd error
A "tbody" section is not allowed here. Because "tr" was already used, "tbody" must not be used. ...
There is no <tbody> section in the file. The error is "found" on the 2nd <tr> section in the table.
My copy finds it, 14.03 and the online version finds it. http://www.knob.com/DVD/index.html

I know I should re-write the code and not use tables for layout...
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Odd tbody error

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thanks Lou. I took a quick look and it looks like a bug so I'll work on it tomorrow and get back to you. I'm sorry for the trouble.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

Just noticed that all the "state" files find the same error.
Thanks.
Lou
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Lou, I'm PM'ing you a link to a new version to try. Please let me know how it works. Thanks!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

That fixed the error. Thanks.
Lou
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Lou wrote:That fixed the error. Thanks.
Great! Thanks for checking and for reporting this issue. BTW, it had to do with improper handling of the implicitly ended "colgroup" element.
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

Albert Wiersch wrote:BTW, it had to do with improper handling of the implicitly ended "colgroup" element.
Goes to show the hazards of "just" continuing to uses/update 2yr old code. Don't even remember using <colgroup> and I never have liked implicit ends. (More of my table layout sin.) In fact the code is so old colgroup is in all caps.

Fixed that underlying issue, sounds like the rest is a project for a cold winter's night. Fortunately my coding got better and most of these files use CSS layout.
Lou