usage of flags

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Modist
Rank 0 - Newcomer

usage of flags

Post by Modist »

Hi,

I have downloaded the evaluation - and I am really impressed :D . I have 1 question:

How do I disable the errormessages below - I have tried clearing flag 5,6 and 80 - as instructed by the helppage - but the errormessage doesnt not disappear when I rerun the test ?

1. Error in line 229 at character 109: The "marginwidth" attribute is not valid for the "body" element. Some valid attributes for this element are: "accesskey", "alink", "background", "bgcolor", "class", "contenteditable", "contextmenu", "dir", "draggable", "dropzone", "hidden", "id", "inert", "lang", "link", "role", "spellcheck", "style", "tabindex", "text", "title", "translate", "vlink", "vocab", "on" attributes (like event handlers), "aria-*" attributes, and "item*" attributes.

2. Error in line 229 at character 125: The "marginheight" attribute is not valid for the "body" element. Some valid attributes for this element are: "accesskey", "alink", "background", "bgcolor", "class", "contenteditable", "contextmenu", "dir", "draggable", "dropzone", "hidden", "id", "inert", "lang", "link", "role", "spellcheck", "style", "tabindex", "text", "title", "translate", "vlink", "vocab", "on" attributes (like event handlers), "aria-*" attributes, and "item*" attributes.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: usage of flags

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Messages that are controlled by flags start with a number in square brackets, like this "[X] ...", where X is the flag number. The messages you quoted above don't have this.

I would recommend that you re-enable any flags that you disabled while trying to suppress the messages.

Instead, you can right-click on the message (when shown in CSE's editor) and choose 'Message Options->Disable using Exact Text Match'. This is the easiest way to suppress those messages.

Here is more information on disabling messages:
How to: Disable Validator Messages
and
Disabling Validator Messages

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial