Having 2 Issues...

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
The_Phantom
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Having 2 Issues...

Post by The_Phantom » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:19 am

Hello Albert,

I am having 2 Issues that I can't seem to resolve.

#1. - Everytime I open a document with CSE HTML Validator Pro, the document is ALWAYS Double-Spaced (line spacing). I opened the same file on the server, it was fine. I opened the document with Notepad, it was fine. But with CSE HTML Validator Pro, it is Double-Spaced. I NEED this to be Single-Spacing.

#2. - Everytime I open a document with CSE HTML Validator Pro, I work on the document for so long, then Out Of Nowhere it AUTO-VALIDATES! I DO NOT WANT Auto-Validation.

How can I correct these 2 issues?

Thanks!

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Having 2 Issues...

Post by Albert Wiersch » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:54 am

Hello,

1. It sounds like there is a problem with the documents end of line markers. Different programs may respond to this differently. Some things you can try:

1a. Open the document in another program and then save it. Sometimes that will fix the issue, depending on the program. If it's fixed then it should open properly in CSE HTML Validator.

1b. In CSE HTML Validator, open the document and press Ctrl+A to select it. Then right-click and choose Selection->Remove->Double Line Breaks

1c. If you'd like, you can send a sample document to me at support at htmlvalidator dot com and I will take a closer look.

2. That's strange. Perhaps you have it set to automatically reload changed documents from disk without prompting and also have enabled the option to re-validate documents when reloaded? This could potentially cause an unexpected validation. These options are in the Options->Editor Options in the Files->File Options page. Please check those options.
Albert Wiersch