CDATA Error in Batch Wizard Report

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
AQiccl135
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

CDATA Error in Batch Wizard Report

Post by AQiccl135 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Using the CSE HTML Validator Pro Batch Wizard, I add a url, then check the "Follow and validate links..." box in the Target Properties Follow Links tab. In the Batch Wizard Options, I have the Tool to Use set to Validator and Full.

After the Batch Wizard has run, I open the report and notice that almost every document contains the error

Code: Select all

This document contains 2 CDATA sections. CDATA sections should not be used in HTML (except in foreign content like "math" and "svg"), but may be used in XHTML (though it is not recommended due to poor browser support and due to other complications).
I would like to disable this error. I have searched the forum for "CDATA" and read each of the threads that are returned. A few of them mentioned that this message could be disabled, but I didn't see anything in them that mentioned how.

I looked at every entry in the Validator Engine Options, but I didn't see anything that was immediately obvious as the answer to my problem. I would appreciate a list of steps I could follow to disable this CDATA error.

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CDATA Error in Batch Wizard Report

Post by Albert Wiersch » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Hello,

The easiest way to disable that message (or just about any other message) is to validate a document in CSE HTML Validator's editor so that the message you want to disable appears. You can then right-click on it in the Results Window and disable it.

Here is more information:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/v150/docs ... ssages.htm

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Albert Wiersch

AQiccl135
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by AQiccl135 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Yes, thank you, that did do the trick. I also remember seeing that in the forum, but I didn't know that it carried over to the batch report.

Is there an easier way to customize which, and when, error messages are disabled. For example, I don't want to see ___ message when validating X-site, but I do when validating Y-site. Or another example, if I disabled several messages but forgot to turn some of them back on, then a co-worker used CSE after me and thought that his site was OK because he couldn't see any/many errors.

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Hello,

There are some options for greater configuration. You can import and export "veo" files that contain the validator options. You can do this using the export and import options from the "Options" menu in the Validator Engine Options. It can be accessed from Options->Validator Engine Options->Options or Ctrl+F4. In Options->Export Options, make sure "Include Message ID Config" is checked.

The more advanced way includes writing a custom user function to control the message output. You can use this event:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/v150/docs ... _msgid.htm

You will then have much more control over what messages are generated and under what conditions.
Albert Wiersch