Batch Wizard username and password failure - 15.02 32-bit

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
moganero
Rank II - Novice

Batch Wizard username and password failure - 15.02 32-bit

Post by moganero »

I'm trying to link check a site that is accessible only if logged in, but only the login page is checked, even though the username and password are entered in the Batch Wizard fields.

The php login script sets session variables for user_id, username, and user_group , which are checked each time a page is requested.

15.02 32-bit
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Batch Wizard username and password failure - 15.02 32-bit

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I assume your login page posts to a php login script?

The username and password fields are only for NTLM & HTTP authentication... which you are probably not using.

I'm thinking the easiest way to solve this may be to add the ability to post a string to a URL... then you could post the username and password to the login script. Would you like to try this? If so, I can work on adding this and get back to you when a test version is ready to try.

Otherwise you'd probably need the enterprise edition and to use the addTarget() function in a user functions file for the Batch Wizard job:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/current/d ... target.htm
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
moganero
Rank II - Novice

Post by moganero »

I'd be very happy to try it out if you're happy to give it a go!
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Great! Let me work on this and get back to you when I have a version ready to try. I'm not sure how long it will be but probably at least a few days.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
moganero
Rank II - Novice

Post by moganero »

No rush - I've got tons of work on at the moment (too much). Contacting you was by way of a break!
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I've emailed you a link to a test version to try which allows you to POST variables to URLs. Please try it and let me know how it works.

I think this should allow you to more easily emulate a website login, by posting the correct variables (like a username and password) to a login script.

Thanks!