Hilite Block Ends

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
codeBuster
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Hilite Block Ends

Post by codeBuster » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Is there an option to highlite the ends of the current block where the cursor is?

For example, given the following HTML:

Code: Select all

<div>
 <ul>
  <li>Line item 1</li>
  <li>Line item 2</li>
 </ul>
</div>
1. if the cursor is on <div>, <both <div> and it's matching </div> would be hilited with the same background color
2. Likewise with the cursor inside the <ul> tags but not inside the <li> tags, the <ul> and its matching </ul> would be hilited with the same background color.

Given the following Javascript:

Code: Select all

if ( (a=b) && (c=d) ) {
 for ( var i=0; i<10; i++ ) {
  doThis();
 }
} else {
 doThat();
}
1. if the cursor is inside any of the code blocks, the matching { and } of the block is highlited in the same color.

Thanks for a great editor and validator.

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hilite Block Ends

Post by Albert Wiersch » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:14 am

Hello,

Sorry, the editor is not currently that advanced. CSE HTML Validator is primarily designed to be a great validator.

However, those are great features and may be implemented at some point, perhaps in the next major release if we are able to incorporate a new editor component.

What CSE HTML Validator does support now which may help is Ctrl+M which can take you to the matching start or end tag. You may find that helpful (as I do).
Albert Wiersch

codeBuster
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Hilite Block Ends

Post by codeBuster » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:10 pm

Nice feature, that Ctrl+m. Will have to do for now. I found this hilite feature in Jan Goyvearts EditPad Pro at www.editpadpro.com. He seems to fancy Regular Expressions and likes to use them to his advantage. The hilite feature is especially nice when constructing calls that pass JSON data.