Replace: Hard To See Text To Be Replaced

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
codeBuster
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Replace: Hard To See Text To Be Replaced

Post by codeBuster » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:14 pm

If it can be done, how do you raise the Confirm Replace Box. Given that shadow the box casts on the text below, it is often hard to see the text and certainly hard to determine the context for the replace. Also, raising the Find... results off the bottom of the window would be very helpful since once the dialog box is shown, scrolling the text is impossible.

Perhaps scrolling the found text to the middle of the window and using a replace confirmation line and the bottom of the window instead of the confirmation dialog box would be better?

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Replace: Hard To See Text To Be Replaced

Post by Albert Wiersch » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:09 am

Sorry, there is currently no way to raise that dialog.

I can say that I don't have a shadow around that windows (or any window). One thing you may want to do is turn the window shadows off (or reduce them if you can) in the OS (and go for that "cleaner, more modern" look).

Please note that we do not develop the editor component that CSE HTML Validator uses. I've posted a message about this on the support forum for the editor component and if a solution is provided then I will try to incorporate it into a future update. I will also be looking into other editor components for possible inclusion in next major release of CSE HTML Validator.
Albert Wiersch

codeBuster
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by codeBuster » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Turning shadows off helps. I'm stuck in Windows 7 for the time being (until Win10 is debugged a bit more). I picked up on the fact you don't develop the editor component in your response to one of my previous posts so I'll refrain from posting anymore bugs/feature requests regarding the editor beyond the ones I've already sent in.

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:59 pm

I'm glad turning off shadows helps.

Regarding Windows 10, I feel the same way for my main development computer. I'm still using Windows 8.1 on it... but will consider upgrading at the end of the month based on how the "Threshold 2" Windows 10 update due out November 10 goes.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/ ... 0-release/
Albert Wiersch