batch question - multiple target lists run when I pick one list

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
lainie_s
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

batch question - multiple target lists run when I pick one list

Post by lainie_s » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi - new to CSE HTML Valdiator (have enterprise edition) - I started creating a few target lists in the batch wizard. But everytime I right-click one target list and tell it "Start processing" - it runs all the target lists I have listed in one report. Is there a setting I need to change? Thanks!

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: batch question - multiple target lists run when I pick one list

Post by Albert Wiersch » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Hello,

If you want to always keep the reports separate then I suggest creating a separate target list for each separate report that you want to generate and work with the target lists and reports individually. Otherwise you will need to set the process flag to 'No' for all targets in the target list that you don't want to process and to 'Yes' for targets that you do. You can do this by selecting one or more targets in the target list and then right-clicking to bring up the context menu. From the context menu choose Selection->Set Process to Yes or Selection->Set Process to No. There are also options there to set all the targets to 'Yes' or 'No' if you want to quickly set the process flag for all the targets.

Then when you run the job it should only process the targets that have the process flag set to 'Yes'.
Albert Wiersch

lainie_s
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by lainie_s » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:05 am

Albert - greatly appreciated! Ah, I was so close to figuring that out, but just hadn't put it all together. Perfect, worked like a charm.

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:16 am

Great! You are very welcome and I'm glad it worked. :D
Albert Wiersch