Dragon Speaking

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
gwebb
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Dragon Speaking

Post by gwebb » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:58 am

I tried using Dragon Speaking to take advantage of their speech commands while editing pages.
I get an Access violation at address 0090647F in module 'cse160.exe'. Write of address 00002BB6 whenever I speak into Dragon.
The error will not clear (or loops) upon pressing Ok and I have to use Task Manager to abort the CSE HTML Validator.
I'm using Dragon to dictate this so I know that Dragon in general works. Presumably the Validator uses a different API call to receive input than most other software that Dragon works with.

This certainly is not a dealbreaker but it certainly would be convenient when editing.

Any ideas?

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dragon Speaking

Post by Albert Wiersch » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble. I have a couple of ideas. Note that I do not use Dragon so I am not able to test this.

1. See if Dragon has alternate methods of input/interfacing that might work better for CSE HTML Validator.

2. I can send you a v17 BETA to try. Let me know if you'd like to try this. You can keep v16 on your system and install v17 in a different folder (by default it will install into a different folder).

Also, I'm curious, are you trying to give CSE HTML Validator menu commands or just dictate text into the text editor?
Albert Wiersch

Gummy
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Dragon Speaking

Post by Gummy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:40 am

That's strange, I have Dragon Naturally Speaking too and I just tried it with HTML Validator and it seems to work fine.
So click here to read about the Fat Diminisher.