404 Connection refused

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
janskov
Rank 0 - Newcomer

404 Connection refused

Post by janskov »

I have just installed 8.0 and it wil not access the internet.
Message is "404 Connection refused (Error#10061)

I am directly connected, not using proxy, firewall is open and version 7.0 still works without problems.

I am lost :?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: 404 Connection refused

Post by Albert Wiersch »

janskov wrote:I have just installed 8.0 and it wil not access the internet.
Message is "404 Connection refused (Error#10061)

I am directly connected, not using proxy, firewall is open and version 7.0 still works without problems.

I am lost :?
Are you using a firewall? Perhaps you need to tell it the new version is OK to access the Internet.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
janskov
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by janskov »

My firewall is Check Point Integrity Flex and configured to ask when a program wants access.
I deleted all references in the firewall and reinstalled 7.0 without problems.
Now 7 and 8 run along side. 7 with no problems, 8 with same error.

CORRECTION: None of them are running now after I deleted some references in the firewall. Removal and re-installation does not help.
My firewall will not register any of the programs now. When I try to register manually nothing happens.
Sorry, but I have never experienced this with other programs.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

janskov wrote:My firewall is Check Point Integrity Flex and configured to ask when a program wants access.
I deleted all references in the firewall and reinstalled 7.0 without problems.
Now 7 and 8 run along side. 7 with no problems, 8 with same error.

CORRECTION: None of them are running now after I deleted some references in the firewall. Removal and re-installation does not help.
My firewall will not register any of the programs now. When I try to register manually nothing happens.
Sorry, but I have never experienced this with other programs.
This sounds like a firewall issue and not a problem with CSE HTML Validator, even though you may not have experienced anything like this with other programs.

Please let me know how it goes. You may want to try turning your outbound firewall off for a bit and see if it fixes the problem.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
janskov
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by janskov »

I removed the firewall and re-installed. That fixed the problem. Weird...
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

janskov wrote:I removed the firewall and re-installed. That fixed the problem. Weird...
Often times security software seems to cause more problems than it fixes. At least that has been my experience.

I'm glad it's working now. :D