How do I delete history of validated files tabs at bottom of window?

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
barryk
Rank 0 - Newcomer

How do I delete history of validated files tabs at bottom of window?

Post by barryk »

Hi
I'm new to using CSE Validator. How do I remove the history tabs at the bottom of the window, please?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: How do I delete history of validated files tabs at bottom of window?

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'history of validated files tabs at bottom of window'. Do you mean clear the validation results for a document? If so then you can right-click in the Results Window and choose 'Clear Results'.

If that doesn't help then please describe in detail what you want to do. Thanks!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
barryk
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by barryk »

Hi
I am referring to the tabs which build up across the bottom of the window for every file that I have checked. I now have three lines of them! I dont need to know this information, so I am wondering if there is a way to turn off this 'feature'?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

You can close a document when you are finished with it and its tab should be removed. You can do this by selecting the document and pressing Ctrl+W to close it, choosing File->Close, or middle-clicking the mouse on the document tab that you want to close (remove).

Does this solve the problem?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
barryk
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by barryk »

Hi,
Thanks for explaining that. I wasn't used to having to manually close a document before exiting. It would be useful if there was an option available to automatically close the document on exit - or not.
As for the validator itself I have found it very useful and easy to understand. It has picked up errors that I would never have spotted otherwise.
Thanks again.
Barry
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Barry,

You're welcome! I'm glad you find CSE HTML Validator useful and easy to understand.

There is an option not to reopen the documents that were open when you last exited the program. You can uncheck the 'Reopen documents that were open at the last shutdown' option in the Editor Options, 'Startup' page. When you load CSE HTML Validator it should then start with no open documents.