Find window does not open

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
AbraCadabra
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Find window does not open

Post by AbraCadabra »

Hi

I am running ver 8.0101 std. When I do a search, the find window does not open. I recently upgraded from ver 701 std, and this is the first time I have used v8; so I don not know when the problem started, today (after the latest rev upgrade) or with the earlier versions of v8 std.

The window is not open in the background, as sometimes happens with windows. Maybe I am missing something simple here.

Thanks
AbraCadabra
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by AbraCadabra »

Hi -

Just wanted to mention that I was trying to use the 'find' function to search for the words that were misspelled (did I spell misspell correctly?).

I really wish there was a simple way to click on the words that are misspelled and one would be shown the line in the pgm where the word resides. It's a nuisance to reopen and refind all the words.

Does this function exist and I'm missing it?

If not- can it be implemented?

Thank you in advnace.

debb
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Sorry, I am not sure why the find window/dialog would not open. You may want to try rebooting your computer as that sometimes can help "clear the system". Also, make sure the find dialog is not hidden somewhere (though it sounds like you already checked for this).

As for finding misspelled words, you may want to try Tools->Spell Check (F7). To check in tags, be sure the option to "Ignore markup languages" is not checked in Options->Spelling Options.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
AbraCadabra
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by AbraCadabra »

Sorry to bother folks - when I rebooted the window appeared.

However, I still wish there was a way, once I validate and I am staring at the message window containing the purported misspelled words - to be able to click on them - or in some way go to their instances - rather then having to do a search find on each one.

Deb
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

AbraCadabra wrote:However, I still wish there was a way, once I validate and I am staring at the message window containing the purported misspelled words - to be able to click on them - or in some way go to their instances - rather then having to do a search find on each one.

Deb
Hi Deb,

Have you tried Tools->Spell Check that I mentioned in my previous reply? You may be able to find some or most of the misspelled words easily by using that function.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial