Batch Wizard - unsaved changes

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
ReneK
Rank II - Novice

Batch Wizard - unsaved changes

Post by ReneK »

Hi,

Not really an issue, but somehow confusing: I opened the batch wizard, made some changes and closed it afterwards. Then, I got asked whether changes should be saved or not, which is perfectly fine. I clicked on "Don't Save". Later, when closing the validator, the batch wizard pops up again and asks me one more time about unsaved changes. Huh? I already told it not to save them.

Rene
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Batch Wizard - unsaved changes

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Rene,

Yes, that is by design to make sure that you save any changes that you want to keep (so you don't forget to save them).
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
ReneK
Rank II - Novice

Post by ReneK »

When I say "Don't Save" I mean don't save, there's nothing to forget. Is it really beneficial having to say "No" multiple times? OK, I can live with that...
Landon_Luko
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Landon_Luko »

I have a similar problem, but mine is more of an issue than the question mentioned.

For a few profiles, whenever I open them, before I even switch tabs, let alone make changes, I notice the "save" button is not greyed out. When I close it, even without making any changes, it'll prompt me asking me if I want to save any unsaved changes.

Not only is this frustrating, this impacts my nightly runs against my company's 30+ websites. Instead of finishing overnight, I have to wait until late afternoon before they're done. Any tips on how to fix this?

Thanks
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Landon_Luko wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:35 am I have a similar problem, but mine is more of an issue than the question mentioned.

For a few profiles, whenever I open them, before I even switch tabs, let alone make changes, I notice the "save" button is not greyed out. When I close it, even without making any changes, it'll prompt me asking me if I want to save any unsaved changes.

Not only is this frustrating, this impacts my nightly runs against my company's 30+ websites. Instead of finishing overnight, I have to wait until late afternoon before they're done. Any tips on how to fix this?
Hello, I'm sorry for the trouble.

If you're opening a Batch Wizard target list and it's saying there are changes (the "save" button is not greyed out) when you haven't made any then please email me the target list file so I can try to reproduce the problem and find out why it's happening.

You might also want to check the 'After validating, set process to 'No'...' option in the Batch Wizard Options, When Done page. Make sure that option is not checked or it might cause your target list to change and get 'unsaved' status at the end of a job.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Landon_Luko
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Landon_Luko »

The list file I emailed you today regarding a different topic also has this problem, so you may be able to knock two birds out with one stone.

Also, I made sure the "After validating, set process to 'No'..." option was unchecked.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Unfortunately I'm having trouble reproducing this issue. If I load CSS HTML Validator and press F2 to go to the Batch Wizard and then open the target list, the save icon is grayed out after loading the targets, and exiting CSS HTML Validator causes no question about saving the target list.

What happens if you do the same as above?

Also, is the target list stored on a local drive or a network drive?