Running Batch - Error 10060 -- Status 404 -- Reason Winsock - Connection Time out

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
KelleyAnnLahey
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Running Batch - Error 10060 -- Status 404 -- Reason Winsock - Connection Time out

Post by KelleyAnnLahey »

Hi,

I am new with this tool. I want to use Batch because it is a very big web site and I would like to program batches.

However, when I run it on our QC Server, I get the error mentioned in the title.

I have tried to send the pages 1 at a time with a longer delay so it wouldn't time out. Yet it still does. With this error message, do you know if it's a setting that we have to look at that may be set on this particular server?

When I try it on our integration box it works but the integration box contains an older web site so I want to run it on our QC box which is up to date.

An error occurred for the request "web site under test(I removed the name)" Failed Count: 3, Error: 10060, Status: 404, Reason: Winsock - Connection timed out (Error #10060). This target will not be processed (tried 3 times). The original (root) target is "web site under test(I removed the link)".

Thank you in advance,

Kelley Ann
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Running Batch - Error 10060 -- Status 404 -- Reason Winsock - Connection Time out

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello Kelley,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

1. First, are you using the latest version, v18.02? If using a version from a year or more ago then it may not work with the latest SSL/TLS connection updates (and depending on the server settings).

2. Did you try setting the 'Max concurrent HTTP requests' in the Batch Wizard to 1? This option is in the Limits page. I know you did say that you "tried to send the pages 1 at a time" so you may have already tried this but I want to make sure.

3. Can you open the URL from File->Open from the Web in the editor?

4. My final thought is that the server may have some "protections" against the site being crawled so you may want to check into that.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
KelleyAnnLahey
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Running Batch - Error 10060 -- Status 404 -- Reason Winsock - Connection Time out

Post by KelleyAnnLahey »

I have V18.0210(Pro)

I did try setting the 6 Page batch to:
1 max concurrent
I increased the timeout to 300
and I increased the wait time before each url request to 100

If I go in IE and do a CTRL+o, I paste the link, it opens.

Also, if I paste the link in the CSS Validator and do it ouside batch mode, it works. I can do a full validation.

I will have my technician who is coordinating the QC Setup to check on if there is a setting preventing crawling.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

KelleyAnnLahey wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:22 amAlso, if I paste the link in the CSS Validator and do it ouside batch mode, it works. I can do a full validation.
Hello,

Did you do this using 'File->Open from the Web' or the integrated web browser?

If these links are publicly accessible then I can try to reproduce the problem here if you can send me a sample Batch Wizard target list.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial