How to stop starting up with URL preloaded

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
richtatum
Rank 0 - Newcomer

How to stop starting up with URL preloaded

Post by richtatum »

Hi,

A couple weeks ago my copy of CSS HTML Validator started loading a remote URL on startup, every time. Plus, it’s loading a remote image URL (which is weird, I wouldn’t have attempted to validate a .jpg). I’ve closed the file and restarted Validator, but every time I start up, there the file is, loaded up every time.

I’ve checked the Validator Engine Options » Startup and verified that the checkbox for “Reopen Documents that were open at the last shutdown” is actually unchecked.

Thoughts?

»∵«
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: How to stop starting up with URL preloaded

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Could it be the integrated web browser? Is that open? If so then please try closing it (F8 should toggle it) and see if that makes any difference.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
richtatum
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by richtatum »

Brilliant! It never occurred to me to check that because I just never use the browser function. Thanks so much!

»∵«
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

You're welcome! I'm glad that was it. :D
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial