CSEIGNORE woes.

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
roedygr
Rank V - Professional

CSEIGNORE woes.

Post by roedygr »

<cseignore> is giving me grief.

1. W3C freaks out over it.
2. HTMLTidy does not recognise it.
3. ICRA (the parental rating people) consider it a syntax error and will not validate my ratings. They insist on W3C validation as well as a well formed labels.rdf file in the webroot.

I wonder if you might consider a variant form something like

<cseignore> </cseignore> that will not disturb other validators.

HTML Validator is complaining about high ascii characters inside <cseignore></cseignore> I am doing a page use of entities, hex entities and high ascii to compare results. I can't get the page to validate.
roedygr
Rank V - Professional

Post by roedygr »

Fo some reason my post did not appear as I typed it. I will try again disabling HTML.

The proposed alternative for <cseignore> would be a comment with nothing but the word cseignore in it e.g.

<!--cseignore--> <!--/cseignore-->
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thanks. That's a good idea. I will look into this for a future update.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I was able to get this into the upcoming v8.04.

In v8.04, <!--cseignore--> can be used to simulate a <cseignore> start tag and <!--/cseignore--> can be used to simulate a </cseignore> end tag.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial