Do Not Check These Links

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
newbe1
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Do Not Check These Links

Post by newbe1 »

Hello All,

I create, then validate all web pages on my home computer. All links are internal with the exception of one, which is an external absolute link. I do not want CSE HTML Validator Pro v8.04 to check this link, as it reports an error/broken link. I read and followed the instructions in the help file - Batch Wizard - Target List Options - Don't Check These Links. When I enter the Absolute URL of the link that I don't want checked into the space provided, save the list, then restart the application, the link is still being checked and reported as an error/broken link.

I try my hardest to figure problems out before asking.
Could someone please help me out here :?: :)

Thanks!

ps
I really like the CSE HTML Validator Pro. It saves my a great deal of time. Well worth the money.

Thanks Again
NewBe1
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

That setting applies only to the Batch Wizard. It won't affect the link checking in the Links tab of the Results Window in the editor. If you're using the Batch Wizard, then please send the target list file to me at support at htmlvalidator dot com. But before you do that, you may want to make sure the link matches exactly and that there are no preceeding or trailing spaces.

I hope this helps.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
newbe1
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by newbe1 »

Hi Albert,
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I know the URL entered into the "Don't check these Links" box is correct with no additional spaces or chars.

Unless I'm overlooking it, is there an option to exclude certain links from being checked using the CSE Validator? If not then I'll try validating with the Batch Wizard.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

newbe1 wrote:Unless I'm overlooking it, is there an option to exclude certain links from being checked using the CSE Validator? If not then I'll try validating with the Batch Wizard.
In the current version (v8.04), the only way to exclude specific/specified links from link checking is to use the Batch Wizard. However, in v9.0 there will be an option to exclude certain links that will apply to everything and not just the Batch Wizard.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
newbe1
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by newbe1 »

Thanks Albert,

I'm now validating documents with the batch wizard. Also discovered a fast way to edit errors.

I'll be looking foreward to v9.

Thanks again for your support and an excellent application.

:D
NewBe1