Character Entities

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Baretull
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Character Entities

Post by Baretull »

How do I stop CSE HTML Validator from changing UTF-8 characters into character entities like 'ø' with the 'Format and fix HTML' option?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I think this is mostly due to inadequate UTF-8 support in v8.0. I suspect that HTML Tidy is converting it to a character reference because it is not outputting UTF-8. v9.0 should improve this. Would you be willing to test the next v9.0 BETA to see if it fixes the problem? Thank you.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Baretull
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Baretull »

I have no experience with CSE HTML Validator, as I've just downloaded a trial and ran smack into the UTF-8 issue... But I'd give it a try, sure.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Baretull wrote:I have no experience with CSE HTML Validator, as I've just downloaded a trial and ran smack into the UTF-8 issue... But I'd give it a try, sure.
Thanks. I've sent you a private message.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

This should be fixed in v8.9911. Please try it and let me know as soon as this version is available (should be soon). Thanks for reporting this issue.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

CSE HTML Validator v9.0 BETA 1A is now available for download and should resolve this issue. Please try it and let me know.