SELECT BROWSER FOR PREVIEW

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
webber
Rank 0 - Newcomer

SELECT BROWSER FOR PREVIEW

Post by webber »

testing lite version.. 6.52

where do I set the selection for browser to see page preview?

I want to use firefox
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

The integrated browser uses Internet Explorer and only Internet Explorer. When you view the document with the external viewer (View->View with External Viewer), that should open your page in Firefox if you have Firefox set as your default web browser (assuming you are editing an HTML page with an HTM or HTML extension and Firefox is set as the default program to open that file type).

Hope this helps!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
webber
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by webber »

I changed the default application to firefox, that pushed it into the right application, but firefox shows a blank screen and I an address like:

file:///c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/test.html
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

The address looks right. It is the path to a file at c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test.html. I'm not sure why it is not displaying. I'd have to see the source and then perhaps I could have a better answer for you. The page may not be designed to display properly using a direct path. If you'd like to send me the source, then please email it to support@htmlvalidator.com. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why it doesn't display anything.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial