Traditional Chinese characters display strangely at times

For technical support for all editions of CSS HTML Validator. Includes bug reports.
joseph
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Traditional Chinese characters display strangely at times

Post by joseph » Thu May 12, 2005 6:30 am

I just download the CSE HTML Validator Lite and the program is quite useful to verify the html page syntax error. Half of our web site is in traditional Chinese which use Big5 characterset, and the other half is in English. When viewing files in Chinese, the characters at first appears to display fine. However, when moving the scroll bar up/down or left right, the characters will become squeeze together or wrong/scrambled characters :shock: . Strangely, when click to another document tab and return, it will display fine again. Furthermore, it is difficult to edit Chinese characters as each characters appears to compose of two positions :?: . I believe this has something to do with Chinese characters being two byte character set. This problem does not exit for English portion of the text. Is there anyway to get around this problem? Thanks.

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch » Thu May 12, 2005 12:30 pm

Hello Joseph,

Sorry, CSE does not currently support two byte character sets. I am currently unable to help with such support. It may be supported in the future.
Albert Wiersch