Access violation

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Can you send me the prepared files (after search and replace) and the target lists so I can run it here? I'd also like to know exactly how you are running CSE HTML Validator. If from a batch file (which I suspect you are using also to run CSE HTML Validator), then please send me the section of the batch file that runs it. Hopefully I will be able to reproduce it here.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Daniel Lacroix
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Daniel Lacroix »

Albert,

The CD will be mail tomorrow.

I am wondering if it could be the hub (NetGear FS605 fast Ethernet switch) or the load balancing of the web servers that could cause this.

Daniel.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Daniel,

Even if there is a problem with the hub or switch, CSE HTML Validator should not lock up. If it does, then I suspect it is a bug in CSE HTML Validator, problem with the OS, or something is interfering with CSE HTML Validator, like perhaps some security software.

Thanks for sending the CD. I will try running the same job you do on my development system. If it locks up, then hopefully I will be able to use the debugger to find the problem. :)
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Daniel Lacroix
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Daniel Lacroix »

Hi Albert,

With version 8, while the batch wizard is checking links, I am no longer getting Access Violations, but the software just locks up.

Since I have disabled the Hyper Thread Technology in the BIOS, the batch job now runs to completion!!!!

It's been running without problems now for a week.

Daniel.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the info. I'm glad that you've found a workaround. I'd like to know where the problem really is, especially if it is CSE HTML Validator, but sometimes it's just too hard to tell. :(
Daniel Lacroix
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Daniel Lacroix »

Here is what I think was going on ...

The second thread had a lock on the Batch Report output file, so CSE could not open it for writing, or close it when done.

It could be Symantec Real Time Scanner ...

Daniel