Multiple Browsers

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Multiple Browsers

Post by Lou »

When getting down to the end of development I check to see how everything looks in multiple browsers, currently 5 or 6. Does CSE have an easy way to switch which browser the current file is viewed with?

Or did I miss something Albert?
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Browsers

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Lou,

Sorry, this is something that's been on my mind, it just hasn't been high enough priority to get done yet. I need to release v10 and am still concentrating on improving the syntax and accessibility checking before release. Other "nice-to-have" features are relatively low priority right now.

But I've considered a new File->Copy File Path menu option to copy the current open document's full file path to the clipboard. Would something like this be useful? You could then manually launch your browser and paste the clipboard in the navigation box.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

Albert, I agree it is a nice-to-have.

What you suggest would help. That is effectively my current approach, except for the 1st browser I cut and past the path between browsers.

Look forward to release of V10. I have been using BETA heavily (for me). Nice.
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Lou wrote:Albert, I agree it is a nice-to-have.

What you suggest would help. That is effectively my current approach, except for the 1st browser I cut and past the path between browsers.

Look forward to release of V10. I have been using BETA heavily (for me). Nice.
Thanks. I should be able to get a File->Copy File Path menu option in the next BETA. I'm glad you are happy with the v10 BETA!

UPDATE: File->Copy File Path to Clipboard added for next BETA.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial