batch wizard, command line, output file

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
jscar
Rank II - Novice

batch wizard, command line, output file

Post by jscar »

Why is it not possible to specify the output file when calling Batch wizard from a command line? I have a script that checks to see which day it is and then opens Batch Wizard with a different list file (our site is too bg to validate in one go). I schedule this script to run in the small hours when no-one is around and it would be useful if it could save the ouput report file as somehitng related to the day it ran e.g cse_report_monday.html. This would especially useful when I go on holiday or over the weekend.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: batch wizard, command line, output file

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

For each Batch Wizard target list, you can specify a unique report filename. To set this unique filename, open the target list in the Batch Wizard and set the HTML report filename in the Target List Options tab. I believe that should do what you want, but it can't be set from the command line.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
jscar
Rank II - Novice

Re: batch wizard, command line, output file

Post by jscar »

Thanks Albert, just found it - works exactly as I need.

Julian