Using CSE Validator with EditPlus

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
srdjan
Rank I - Novice

Using CSE Validator with EditPlus

Post by srdjan »

Hi
I am trying to use Validator with EditPlus editor. EP has good support for external tools. Currently (by reading CSE help) I am able to pass file to validate document and to see the result within Notepad or within CSE Validator itself. But I would like to see the result within Editplus output window.
Editplus has "capture output" option for external tools. My question is: is there commandline switch which sends result back to app which started it?
Thanks
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Using CSE Validator with EditPlus

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Sorry, no. CSE HTML Validator does not output in that manner.

There are some options which may help though, in the Classic page/tab in the Validator Engine Options. You can specify an "output viewer" (maybe you can direct it this way?) and you can specify a filename that CSE HTML Validator will save the output to ("output file").

For example, if EditPlus has a "-c" option to open a file in the capture window, then you could change the "output viewer" in CSE HTML Validator to something like "editplus.exe -c".
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
srdjan
Rank I - Novice

Re: Using CSE Validator with EditPlus

Post by srdjan »

Thanks anyway

Opening file in CSE Validator seems much better idea...