"Cannot Open File" Error

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
busterny
Rank 0 - Newcomer

"Cannot Open File" Error

Post by busterny »

When opening a URL path to an online CSS file via IE8 (with TopStyle set as the default HTML editor) I receive an application error in TS4 stating "Cannot open file [local path]. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
TS4_cannot_open_file.gif
This was never an issue in TS3; I'd previously been able to open a local copy of the CSS from the specified URL directly in TopStyle. This was one of my favorite features of TS, but it seems to have disappeared. Yes, I could take the trouble to first download the CSS file locally, save, then open it, but that was never an issue before.

Any help appreciated. Am currently running TS 4.0.0.81/IE8/WinXP Pro Version 2002/SP3.

Best, DR :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: "Cannot Open File" Error

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I've seen similar issues with CSE HTML Validator when running my virus-checker. It's like it is temporarily locking the file and other applications can't access it. If you turn off your anti-virus active protection, does it work?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
gambit37
Rank I - Novice

Re: "Cannot Open File" Error

Post by gambit37 »

This problem seems to occur when Windows Explorer is showing a preview of the HTML file in its Preview Pane. However, that's a Win7 issue as I don't think there's a preview in XP?