_ts4tmp files

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

recce101
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

_ts4tmp files

Post by recce101 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 pm

Frequently, maybe 30% of the time, immediately after I open a file in the editor window, a _ts4tmp file opens in Notepad and steals the focus. I can close Notepad and go back to the TS4 editor, but if I click in the editor window to make a change, another _ts4tmp file opens and has to be closed before I can resume editing. After a couple of times it doesn't happen again for that file. This has only started in the past couple of weeks, and I've only noticed it with php files (so the file is named _ts4tmp.php), but that's about all I've been working with recently so may not be pertinent. This happens with local files as well as those opened through the FTP interface.

Quite distracting, and I'd like to make it quit doing that. I haven't made any changes in settings recently. Any ideas?

Ned

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: _ts4tmp files

Post by TopStyle Support » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:12 am

For some reason, the _ts4tmp file is being opened/launched (in your case, I'm guessing .php is associated with notepad). Anyone else seeing this?

recce101
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

Re: _ts4tmp files

Post by recce101 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:35 pm

The problem disappeared when I installed 4.0.0.83. But you're right that php files were set to open in Notepad, so I changed that to TS4. I'll post again if the problem recurs. Thanks!