Sweeper misplacing hover class

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
denver27
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Sweeper misplacing hover class

Post by denver27 »

a:hover MUST come after a:link and a:visited

When running the Sweeper under version 4.0.0.83 that a:hover precedes a:link and thus a:hover fails to behave as expected.

I work for a designer who has dozens of A classes, so it I sweep any of his messy style sheets then I have to manually relocate the hover tags. I have tried several different Sweeper configurations and the hover classes are always in the wrong place. Probably a bug in 4.0.0.83.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Sweeper misplacing hover class

Post by TopStyle Support »

I cannot seem to reproduce this problem. My Style Sweeper is sorting my selectors "logically" (Tools > Style Sweeper > Configure Style Sweeper).

I'm guessing your Style Sweeper configuration isn't sorting selectors at all. Please edit your Style Sweeper, and click the "Selectors" tab. Is "selector order" set to "unchanged"? Then this explains why Style Sweeper isn't sorting your selectors.

Whenever your Style Sweeper configuration is sorting selectors by anything other than "unchanged" (the default is "logically", by the way), then your A: pseudo-classes are sorted, and A:HOVER is preceded by A:LINK and A:VISITED