Great Editor!

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
vickiwatson
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Great Editor!

Post by vickiwatson »

I don't see a place for testimonials, but I just wanted to say that this is a great editor! I've probably used trial versions of every web editor out there and have purchased half a dozen, only to find they didn't work exactly the way I wanted or didn't have the features I wanted. The features and attention to detail in TopStyle are incredible. I design a lot of websites, so it's important to me to have a tool that works efficiently.

Here are a few things I'd like to see also:
The ability to edit text in the preview (design) window. I have an old copy of Dreamweaver 8 that I use for that. I don't do that a lot, but sometimes find it faster to make updates to text content on a site from the visual side of things.

Also, in another post I asked if you could display the list of sites as text rather than icons.

Is it possible to reorder and drag and drop icons from the editor tabs (Common, CSS, etc.)?

And to make those icons a little bigger? Hard to see some of them.

Those are minor issues though.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Great Editor!

Post by TopStyle Support »

vickiwatson wrote:Is it possible to reorder and drag and drop icons from the editor tabs (Common, CSS, etc.)?
The HTML toolbar is essentially a bunch of HTML and JavaScript documents that are in this directory:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Bradsoft.com\TopStyle\4.0\HtmlToolbar

From this directory, you can create/rename/delete the tabs, and create/rename/delete the individual snippets.
vickiwatson
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Great Editor!

Post by vickiwatson »

Okay, working on that now. Thanks.