HTML Toolbar

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

srdjan
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

HTML Toolbar

Post by srdjan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:11 am

One of the most powerful (and undocumented) feature of TopStyle4 is the HTML Toolbar.
Possibility to use JavaScript to extend TopStyle is one of the best features of the program.
Please add good documentation (and tutorial maybe) how to use it in the new version.
Also, Toolbar JS scripts repository will be excelent addon to the TS website.
The place where users will be able to download and to contribute scripts.
I just scratched the surface of HTML Toolbar possibility and I am already amazed...
I also like the look of it.

Another thing I would like to see is the possibility to save search regex patterns.
Currently, search history is semi ok because I am able to use one of the previous querries.
But it will be quite cool if I will be able to save my search patters for latter use.

Is it possible to add guidelines to the preview pane?
We have rulers, but guidelines with possibility to read and set their position will be great.

And another thing: selection highlights -> if I select function name (in PHP script for example) I would like to see all occurences of selected function in the code.

I am eager to see new version!

Best regards

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: HTML Toolbar

Post by TopStyle Support » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:15 am

srdjan wrote:One of the most powerful (and undocumented) feature of TopStyle4 is the HTML Toolbar.
Possibility to use JavaScript to extend TopStyle is one of the best features of the program.
Please add good documentation (and tutorial maybe) how to use it in the new version.
I would love to do this, but writing docs is one of my weakest area's. If someone would be willing to help (in return for a free copy and eternal fame) then that would be great.
srdjan wrote:I just scratched the surface of HTML Toolbar possibility and I am already amazed...
Yes, it is truly powerful. To be honest, a lot of the inspiration was "borrowed" from Dreamweaver.
srdjan wrote:Another thing I would like to see is the possibility to save search regex patterns.
Currently, search history is semi ok because I am able to use one of the previous querries.
But it will be quite cool if I will be able to save my search patters for latter use.
Find/Replace in Files already supports this (there's a "save rule" button in the upper-right corner).
srdjan wrote:Is it possible to add guidelines to the preview pane?
We have rulers, but guidelines with possibility to read and set their position will be great.
Interesting thought. Can you elaborate on this somewhat more? Maybe I can add this to TopStyle 5.
srdjan wrote:And another thing: selection highlights -> if I select function name (in PHP script for example) I would like to see all occurences of selected function in the code.
As a matter of fact, this is already on my list of things to do. However, not everything on my todo list will make it into TopStyle 5. Hopefully this one will.

tomo
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by tomo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:47 pm

A script repository sounds like a good idea. If anyone is interested, I created a HTML toolbar script/addon that will generate Lorem ipsum dummy text for you. This is adapted from an old Homesite script.

View and download: http://www.pratie.com/lab/loremipsum

srdjan
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

Post by srdjan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Excelent! I was always looking for it!
I'll try to post something soon.
It will be nice to have repository as a part of TS site.
Let scripts grow!

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:41 am

srdjan wrote:selection highlights -> if I select function name (in PHP script for example) I would like to see all occurences of selected function in the code.
I have added this to the TopStyle 5 beta: http://svanas.dynip.com/topstyle/downlo ... l#syncedit