Preview refresh doesn't replace temp image

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

lunarc
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Preview refresh doesn't replace temp image

Post by lunarc »

Using TopStyle 4.0.0.88 in Win XP Pro SP3 with IE8. After replacing a remote referenced jpg image (new file has same file name & same dimensions), refreshing the preview via Update Preview button does not update the image. Closing the output panel and reopening it also doesn't update the image. I can see that the image file stored in IE Temp Internet files is not being updated. Closing out of TopStyle and reopening causes image to be refreshed. External preview via IE8 and then using IE8's own refresh button loads the latest image and further refreshes reflect the current version of the image. This is just a regular img tag in a plain html doc with no css.

I was able to workaround this by changing my IE8 Browsing History Setting "Check for newer versions of stored pages" to "Every time I visit the webpage." The image then updates via Update Preview button or close/open Preview window.

I did not have this problem with the previous version 4.0.0.81 but I was using that version with IE7 so I'm not sure if it's the TopStyle or IE update that caused this to start happening.

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Preview refresh doesn't replace temp image

Post by TopStyle Support »

I do not seem to have this problem (I'm running Win7 with IE9)

A couple questions:
* are you previewing a local document, or an external URL?
* do you have this setting enabled? "use actual file instead of temp file when previewing HTML" If yes, then you should try and turn this off

Thanks, Stefan.