Moving quickly between two file directories

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

Roger_Cornwell
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Moving quickly between two file directories

Post by Roger_Cornwell » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:57 am

I struggled a bit with the subject line on this one,but let me explain what I am on about:

Homesite had a handy feature where it had two tabs that you could click to swap between different file directories. As I develop a new site, I quite often want to copy code I had written earlier for a different site. With TopStyle in order to open that file I have to navigate back up the directory tree, move across, then move down again in the other site. Then repeat the process if I want to open something in the first site. With Homesite all I had to do was click the tab for Files 1 or Files 2 and the relevant directory was there ready for me to open a file.

Or have I missed a TopStyle feature that would let me do something like this?

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Moving quickly between two file directories

Post by TopStyle Support » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:41 am

TopStyle includes a "favorite folders" feature that should help you here. In the lower-right corner of the File Explorer, there is a button labelled "favorite folders". From here, you can add the relevant directory for Files 1 and Files 2. Clicking on that "favorite folders" button again should allow you to quickly navigate between Files 1 and Files 2.