Pls help! Is it a bug? No results "search/replace in files"

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

Duffydodo
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Pls help! Is it a bug? No results "search/replace in files"

Post by Duffydodo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:34 am

Sorry, but is it a bug?

There are no "search/replace in files"-results, if there are german charakters in the html-document (e.g. ä,ü,ö).
It`s funny but the simple "find"-function works for that charakters. But my problem is that I have to replace a bigger amount of text which I can only do with the "search/replace in files"-function.

Is there probably any solution for that problem/bug?
Thx for any ideas.

Duffy

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Pls help! Is it a bug? No results "search/replace in fil

Post by TopStyle Support » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:15 am

What version are you running? This should have been fixed in one of our latest versions. Please download our latest version here: http://www.topstyle4.com

Thanks!

Duffydodo
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by Duffydodo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:32 am

Unfortunately I have the latest version 4.0.0.92 and I experiened that the bug is more serious than I thought.
It`s difficult to describe for me, what happens but I can state this:
If the html-document is utf-8 you will not get results with the "find/replace in files"-function if you search for german characters as ä ü ö.
If the html-document is ISO-8859-1 (what I used formerly) you will get results with the "find/replace in files"-function if you search for german characters as ä ü ö, but if you do replace e.g. the english word "bug" with the german word for that "Käfer" the document in the browser looks fine, but in your sourcecode you have a funny assci-char (I guess)

I really tried many, many variations to check, if I am doing wrong, but it doesn`t seem so.

So I reinstalled 4.0.0.62. Here it`s the same.
If the html-document is utf-8 you will not get results with the "find/replace in files"-function if you search for german characters as ä ü ö.
But with ISO-8859-1 you can find and replace without getting these funny chars in the source code.
So at the end I got this trouble, because I use now utf-8 instead of ISO-8859-1 and I upgraded to 4.0.0.92

I hope I could explain well my problem and that there will be a solution, because I work with your Topstyle since long time.

Duffy

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:05 am

Duffy,

This problem has been fixed in TopStyle 5 beta: http://svanas.dynip.com/topstyle/beta.html

Can you please download TopStyle 5.0.0.20 and confirm the fix?

Thanks!