top style 4.0.0.92 freezes at random

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

rogerk
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

top style 4.0.0.92 freezes at random

Post by rogerk »

I am having this constant problem with this version of TS running on Win7 Pro. I can't pin point any specific sequence of events that cause it.
When it freezes I have to close the program and start over. I hope that someone can help with this. I have been trying various editors and like this one the best. I hesitate to use it for a while when this keeps happening, so switch back and forth between Ultra Edit, notepad++ and Top Style. I wonder if others have this problem too? This is such an annoyance that I am not sure that I can continue to use this program. There has to be a fix, I hope!

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: top style 4.0.0.92 freezes at random

Post by TopStyle Support »

IE9 (running inside the preview pane) is causing this. My advice is to switch to some other rendering engine (Mozilla Gecko, for example) -- or to switch off the Output panel altogether (Ctrl+D)

For TopStyle 5, I'm seriously considering switching to Google Chrome as the default rendering engine for the preview pane. These freezes are driving me nuts.

Thanks, Stefan.

rogerk
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by rogerk »

Thanks for the reply.
I don't use preview anyway, Is there a way to disable the preview in registry, or elsewhere?
Is there any release date for a new version yet? Can't wait, I love the editor except for that bug!!

RogerK

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

rogerk wrote: I don't use preview anyway, Is there a way to disable the preview in registry, or elsewhere?
When you close the Output panel (Ctrl+D) then the preview disappears and should not come back the next time you launch TopStyle.
rogerk wrote:
Is there any release date for a new version yet?
You can download TopStyle 5 Beta 1 here:

http://svanas.dynip.com/topstyle/beta.html

There is no official release date, but I *must* release TopStyle 5 in 2012.

rogerk
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by rogerk »

I just downloaded the beta of the next release.
Can't wait to have a test drive of it!
I am hoping/wondering if there might be a feature that I love in Notepad++, that is the automatic highlighting of the matching opening/closing tags?
I know the current version has the icon that you can click on to go to it, but that is a little cumbersome to me.
Just my two cents worth...

Please keep up the good work!